Friday, November 4, 2016

My Routine Skin Care Items

What is your skin care routine?

I will write about my skincare items today.
I'm in my late 30's and I have combination skin, a little bit oily on my nose but dry in some areas.
I usually use skin care items that are gentle on my skin but I'm using one very chemical based item currently: an eye cream.
Now let's look at each item.

Makeup remover: atuypirka Cleansing Gel Pack


atuypirka makeup remover
This is made in Japan. I love this. 
After you blend it with your makeup on your face, the gel changes to an oil-like texture.
(If you keep blending too long, your face will become dried after rinsing, so stop at an appropriate point.)
This removes makeup well, doesn't dry my skin, and smells nice since it contains lavender essential oil.

Ingredients (translated to English by me. I tried to list these as accurately as possible, but they are not confirmed by the company.):
isopropyl palmitate, triethylhexanoin, cetyl ethylhexanoate, octyldodeceth-25, water, sorbitol, glycerin, PEG-20 glyceryl triisostearate, sea cucumber extract, placenta extract, glycyrrhizic acid dipotassium salt, fucus vesiculosus extract, luffa cylindrica fruit/leaf/stem extract, clematis vitalba leaf extract, equisetum arvense extract, hedera helix (ivy) leaf/stem extract, spiraea ulmaria flower extract, cnidium officinale rhizome extract, coix lacryma-jobi ma-yuen seed extract, betula platyphylla japonica juice, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, vitamin A oil, tocopherol, zea mays (corn) oil, soybean oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, butylene glycol, caprylyl glycol


Cleanser: babyganics shampoo + body wash, fragrance free

babyganics shampoo body wash
We bought this for our daughter initially. However, I'm using it as my face wash as well.
The name "babyganics" conjures images of organic products, but their products are not totally organic (they use some organic ingredients but not all).
Although it's not organic, it does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate, the ingredients are mild, and it doesn't dry my baby or my skin.
It's easy to use since it comes out as foam. You don't need to make lather yourself!
I've read some reviews that say the pump became difficult to use over time.
It happened to us when we first bought this product. However, since we like this a lot, we keep getting it.
It hasn't happened since then.

Ingredients:
water, sodium lauroyl methyl isethionate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, propanediol, acrylates copolymer, sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, glycerin, ethylhexylglycerin, citric acid, trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, dehydroacetic acid, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, nigella sativa (black cumin) seed oil*, rubus idaeus (red raspberry) seed oil, phenoxyethanol, sodium hydroxide, sodium phytate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract*, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract*, persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract*
*Certified Organic Ingredient 


Lotion: atuypirka Beauty Lotion

atuypirka face lotion
This is made in Japan.
Although it takes a bit of time to be absorbed in my skin, it hydrates my skin well.
After applying this lotion and the cream mentioned below, I do something else (change my daughter's diaper etc.) until they are absorbed before applying makeup.
This doesn't bother me since I need to do that something else anyway, but I think it would be awesome if it is absorbed in my skin more quickly, because I think some of the lotion may evaporate. 

Ingredients (translated to English by me. I tried to list these as accurately as possible, but they are not confirmed by the company.): 
water, glycerin, butylene glycol, betaine, phenoxyethanol, xanthane gum, sodium hyaluronate, polyglyceryl-10 laurate, betula platyphylla japonica juice, tremella fuciformis polysaccharide, sea cucumber extract, placenta extract, hydrolyzed collagen, centaurea cyanus flower extract, pueraria root extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chlorella extract, hydrolyzed elastin


Cream: California Baby Calendula Cream


california baby calendula cream
This cream smells very nice. I believe this is from the calendula extract and essential oils.
We bought this for our daughter as a diaper cream, but I use it as my face cream as well.
It keeps my face moisturized.
I apply it to my daughter's neck as well.  She smells very nice just after application. The scent fades away.

Ingredients:
Water, Caprylic Capric Triglyceride (Sourced from Coconut or Olive), Cetyl Alcohol (Sourced from Coconut or Olive), Stearic Acid (Sourced from Coconut or Olive), Glycerin USP (Sourced from Coconut or Olive), Cetearyl Olivate and Sorbitan Olivate (Sourced from Coconut or Olive), Canola Oil (Certified Organic), Calendula Officinalis Extract (Calendula) (Certified Organic), Viola Tricolor Extract (Pansy) (Certified Organic), Yucca Schidigera Extract (Yucca), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera) (Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary) (Antioxidant), Pure Essential Oils of Lavandula Angustifolia (French Lavender) and Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage), Caprylhydroxamic Acid (Amino Acid) (and) Glyceryl Caprylate


Eye cream: Shiseido Future Solution LX Eye and Lip Contour Regenerating Cream

shiseido-future-solution-lx-eye-cream
This has a subtle floral scent.
I usually don't like a scent in skin care products except essential oil scents, but this one is subtle and OK for me.
This cream is on the thicker side.
I had stopped using eye cream when I gave birth since I wanted to make my skin care as simple as possible.
My daughter is a 15-month old now and I have more time to spend on skin care, so I resumed using an eye cream.
I have some under eye wrinkles so I apply this every morning and night.
I hope this will diminish the appearance of my under eye wrinkles.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetrabehenate/Benzoate/Ethylhexanoate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Silica, Stearyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Piperidineropionic Acid, Batyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Dimethylacrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Sorbitan Tristearate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, BHT, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-240/HDI Copolymer BIS-Decyltetradeceth-20 Ether, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Potassium Hydroxide, Iron Oxides, Saccharomyces Ferment Lysate Filtrate, Sodium Metaphosphate, Linalool, Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Serine, Prunus Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides, Glycine, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Averrhoa Carambola Leaf Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Hibiscus Esculentus Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Tocopherol


We spend some time on skin care every day.
If you find you're having a relaxing/calm or positive/happy skin care time, keep it up.
If not, take a deep breath - breathe in --- breathe out --- and let's make it a better time.

Thanks for reading and have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment