Friday, November 25, 2016

How My Daughter's Diaper Rash Was Healed Quickly

Hey guys!

My 16-month old daughter had diaper rash the other day for the first time.
One morning when I opened her diaper, her bottom was red and was covered with red dots.
I think she had a bowel movement just before falling asleep and no one realized it.
However, by doing the things below, her diaper rash was healed so quickly so I want to share the four things I did today.

newborn baby with eggplant hat
1. Changed her diaper frequently.
I checked her diaper frequently and when I noticed it was wet, I changed it right away.

2. Used water-soaked paper towel when she peed.
I used baby wipes only when she had bowel movements.
We are using Pampers Sensitive wipes.
When she doesn't have diaper rash, these are awesome. It runs over her skin so smoothly and it doesn't cause friction.
However, I thought just water is more gentle when she had diaper rash.

3. Used paper towels to dry her bottom, and waited for a moment until it completely dried to put a new diaper.
We have used paper towels even before she got diaper rash, but this time we waited until she became dry completely.
One note is, if your baby is very young and you don't put a new diaper soon after removing the dirty one, he/she may pee when you're waiting, so this may not be recommended.

4. Used calendula cream.
Did you know that calendula oil helps damaged skin and mucous membranes heal?
It can be used to treat the following skin issues: minor cuts, burns, sunburns, bruises, inflammation, diaper rash, etc.
We used California Baby Calendula Cream that contains calendula oil. (I wrote about this cream in this post so check it out.)

I will write more about calendula oil below.
So what is calendula oil?
Calendula is a genus of flowers that are often called marigolds whose petals vary in color, from bright yellow to orange.
The one usually used in herbal and cosmetic products is from calendula officinalis (pot marigold).
The oil is extracted from the petals. It is yellow-orange color.

I'd like to mention other uses for calendula oil.
You can use it as a makeup remover as well, although it feels very oily (well it is oil ;) ).
It's very different than oil-type makeup removers.
My favorite makeup remover (I wrote about it in this post) leaks so easily when you carry it.
Actually, it all leaked on a trip.
So, I needed to find a different makeup remover for the next trip.
I thought why don't I try the calendula oil I have since it helps healing skin issues and sounds good for skin?
The one I used is, "Weleda Calendula Baby Oil" (100% certified natural 99% organic).
I like its smell.
It removed my makeup well and the container didn’t leak at all.
It is so oily as I mentioned already, but acceptable for me to use on a short trip.

I use calendula oil to moisturize body parts as well.
Since they contain less oil than my face, it works well for my body especially in winter.

Ingredients of Weleda Calendula Baby Oil:
Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*.
* from natural essential oils

I hope your baby's diaper rash heals soon.
Thanks for reading and have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment