Friday, December 23, 2016

Cheesy Smoked Salmon Omelette Recipe

Hey guys!

My husband's omelettes are the best!
He often cooks them on weekends for us.
Actually I request them :)
Today I'd like to share the yummy omelet recipe.

cheesy smoked salmon omelette
Ingredients (2 servings):
-Eggs: 6
-Water: 2 oz.
-Tomato: 1/2
-Smoked salmon: enough to cover one half of each omelette
-Spinach and/or herbs of your choice, such as parsley, basil etc.: several leaves to taste
-Shredded cheese of your choice. (We often use mozzarella.): 4 oz.
-Black pepper: small amount
-Olive oil: 2 table spoons

Cook one omelette at a time, dividing the ingredients evenly.
1. Cut the tomato into small cubes.
2. Turn the heat on and warm up your pan. After a minute, add the olive oil.
3. Crack 3 eggs into a bowl.
4. Add the water to the eggs. This makes the eggs soft and fluffier.
(We tried both, adding water and no water. It makes a difference.)
5. Whisk the eggs.
6. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan. Leave it until the eggs become half cooked.
7. Sprinkle the tomatoes, spinach, and/or herbs of your choice on half of the omelette.
8. Place the smoked salmon and the cheese on the egg.
9. When the eggs are cooked, turn the heat off, and fold the half without toppings over the other half.
10. Sprinkle black pepper to taste.
11. Repeat step 3 through 10 to make another serving.

Hmmm yummy!
The other day we substituted smoked salmon with prosciutto and it also turned out very tasty.

As you may be able to tell, we love smoked salmon.
So, we love sushi rolls that contain smoked salmon too. (We love other kinds of sushi, as well.)
A grocery store near us (Publix) carries very good smoked salmon rolls.
Smoked salmon, cream cheese, and avocado are in them and rolled with rice and seaweed.
Sometimes they sell a brown rice version as well.

smoked salmon sushi rolls
They sell nigiri sushi, too.
Nigiri is the form of sushi that has a piece of smoked / raw fish on top of rice.
My husband likes it but I don't like Publix's nigiri sushi that much.
Each piece comes with a large bed of rice.
I prefer when there is less rice (maybe I shouldn't complain, haha).

When there is a sushi chef at the store, you can request ingredients to be used and he/she can make custom made sushi for you (if they have the requested ingredients).
Actually, when I was having morning sickness, one of the only things I could eat were smoked salmon rolls, but I didn't want to have cream cheese.
So my husband often got smoked salmon rolls custom made for me which had cucumbers instead of cream cheese, and he asked for extra vinegar for me.
I know that you are not supposed to eat smoked salmon when you are pregnant in the U.S., but in Japan, you can eat smoked salmon, even raw salmon / other fishes as well.
I ate it at my own risk since it was one of the only things I was able to eat and keep down.
So please don't eat smoked / raw fish when you are pregnant just because I did.

What do you like to put in your omelette?
Thanks for reading and have happy holidays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment