Friday, December 16, 2016

Must Have Skin Care Items When You Are Sick

Hey guys!

I was sick the other day and I didn't have the energy to remove my makeup / wash my face in the usual way.
So, I want to share what I did and what I used to take care of my skin.

woman sleeping in a bed
1. Cotton pads
This is to be used with the second item below, cleansing water.
I used "Mikaeru no Yokubari Cotton" (this is made in Japan) but you can use other ones.
"Kaeru" means frog in Japanese and "Mikaeru" is a nickname of a frog character.
"No" means "'s".
"Yokubari" means greedy.
However, in this case, it means more like "loaded with features". This cotton pad was produced by store managers of @cosme stores and is filled of good points they wanted to fulfill, they say. That's why it's "yokubari".
I like these cotton pads.
They are very soft, do not become fuzzy at all, and are gentle to skin.

2. Makeup remover: cleansing water type
Cleansing water type makeup remover is a must have when you cannot use your sink to wash your face because of an injury or sickness.
I used "Caudalie Cleansing Water" but you can use something else.
This has a slight cucumber like smell.
It's an acceptable smell but I wish this was fragrance-free.
The way you use it is, to put some cleaning water on a cotton pad and wipe your face gently. That's it.
You don't need to rinse with water, you don't need to use a face wash, and you don't need to use moisturizers after using this.
I usually wear light makeup if I wear when I am sick so my makeup is removed well with this.
This helped me so much when my neck hurt and when I had morning sickness / other sickness.
However, I don't like cleansing water type makeup remover when I don't need to use it.
I like normal makeup remover that you rinse with water and apply moisturizer after that.
I think my skin condition is better this way.

Caudalie Cleansing Water Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), GLYCERIN*, POLOXAMER 188, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) FRUIT WATER*, HEPTYL GLUCOSIDE*, CAPRYL/CAPRAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, SODIUM LEVULINATE*, SODIUM ANISATE*, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT*, CITRIC ACID*, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) JUICE*, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE (067/178)
* Origine végétale - Plant origin

I've fully recovered and writing this blog, but I got a Norovirus-like illness.
I read a piece of news that it is going around in our area.
Norovirus is highly contagious and gives you symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea.
It can be transmitted by touching contaminated food / liquid / vomit / stool / surface.
The best thing you can do to prevent Norovirus infection is to wash your hands with soap and water.
Alcohol-based hand sanitizers cannot kill the virus since they are anti-bacterial and not anti-viral, so they should be used in addition to washing hands with soap and water.

Now I appreciate my health so much!!
You tend to take it for granted when you are healthy...
A big thanks to my husband who took care of our daughter when I was sick.
I was contagious so I was not able to touch her.
She tried to extend her hands to me many times.
I really wanted to hold her but I was not able to.
I gave her lots of hugs and kisses when I recovered!

Stay healthy everyone.
Thanks for reading and have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment