Friday, October 21, 2016

How to Prevent Your Makeup from Coming off on Your Wedding Day

Hey girls!

In the previous post, I wrote about how I dealt with my concern of getting a whitish appearance in flash photographs by using makeup with SPF.
Today, I will write about how to prevent your makeup from coming off: tips you should know if you will do your own makeup on your wedding day.

bride with pink bouquet
1. Hydrate your skin well.
If your skin is not hydrated well, it tries to produce more oil, so it is important to hydrate your skin well.

2. Use a foundation primer that prevents shine.
I used "OC8 Mattifying Gel", but you can use a different one.
This is a translucent gel.
I got samples from their facebook and I liked it.

3. Use an eyeshadow primer.
I used "e.l.f. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer" in shade 7501 Sheer.
It was surprisingly just $2 and it got the job done.

4. Use face powder.
After applying foundation, apply face powder.
 I used "Lancome Absolue Powder" in shade Absolute Pearl.
This face powder is not that mattifying, but I used it since I like this powder.
If you put some on your fingers, you will see very fine pearly particles.
They are very subtle on your face.

5. Use a setting spray / water spray.
I first purchased "Ben Nye Final Seal".
This is a spray that is supposed to make your makeup smudge-proof and water-resistant.
I wish I liked this item, but I didn't like the way the content comes out.
It's in a spray container but the mist is not fine, rather, larger drops came out, and I was not able to apply it evenly.
So, I looked for another solution.
I learned that you can use just water spray over face powder to set your makeup.
So I purchased "Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray".
After applying plenty of face powder, put a tissue paper on your face.
Then, apply Avene / evian water spray - spray evenly over the tissue paper.
That sets your makeup.
The key is to use one in a Nitrogen based aerosol container (safe for you and environment) instead of one in a pump spray bottle.
With the former, the mist is finer and you can apply it evenly.

I followed these steps and my makeup stayed on nicely on my wedding day.

Now I will talk about how I enhanced the look of my body skin.
I used the following shimmer body powder on and below the collarbones and the back: Victoria's Secret & PINK Scented Shimmer Body Powder (scent: Sweet & Flirty).
(Note: this product has been discontinued. However, I see some other shimmer body powders from Victoria's secret on ebay.)
I like this powder.
It gives just right level of shimmer and makes your decollete look beautiful.

I also thought of applying body foundation, and got samples of the following foundations at Sephora:
Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Foundation in shade #1, #20, and #32.
(Note: this product has been discontinued. Water Blend Face & Body Foundation is available as of writing this.)
I ended up not using them since I didn't feel I needed them.

I hope you got some useful hints.
Thanks for reading and have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment